A wonderful, relaxing panoramic tour starting from the Appian Way and heading towards the area of the volcanic crater lakes of Albano and Nemi, the so-called “Castelli Romani”.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- A personal guide with you for the duration of the entire tour.
- A limo at disposition for the entire tour. Pick up at your hotel.
- Wine tasting and appetizers in a traditional Vinery.
The tour departs from the Appian Way, with its monumental pagan tombs and most important Christian catacombs (visit on request).
Along the way you’ll admire many beautiful places:
- Grottaferrata with the Abbey of San Nilo, one of the oldest in Italy;
- Castel Gandolfo with the Barberini Palace, summer residence of the Popes;
- Nemi, with its Castle at the top of the crater and the grove at its feet, abode of one of the most archaic roman cults and sanctuaries, that of Diana Nemorensis. Not far from the ruins of the temple are the plantations of wild strawberries, famous for their taste and delicate fragrance.
- Frascati, the lovely town where many rich renaissance families built their villas and famous for its wine.
- Last but not least our tour includes the visit to the traditional vinery of Santa Benedetta in Grottaferrata where together with a wine tasting, you will be able to enjoy the traditional appetizers like pecorino cheese, salami, prosciutto and the typical “porchetta”.
5 hours including the visit to the vinery
PRICE of our private guided tour:
|ADULTS||CHILDREN / STUDENTS
|€ 150||€ 75||Free|
LIMO/VAN TRANSPORT depending on the number of participants € 160/220 (total)
OPTIONAL Visit of the CATACOMBS € 80 plus tickets (€ 10 per person)
*entrance fees and transportation excluded
Are you interested in booking this Tour? Contact us!